Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving...

This week was a very interesting week for me...

Thanksgiving dinner was last Saturday...it was quite enjoyable even though the holiday was in October...


Tuesday I woke up to lots of snow outside...it was a lovely sight to see. I like winter and I like snow, only when I do not have to shovel the stuff.


I really thought it was going to be a good day until I got to school. As I was telling the boys to stop hitting each other, Mark, my little psychopath, decided that it was in his best interest to punch me in the eye. Not sure how any seven year old would think that punching the teacher in the eye would help them, but obviously he thought it was a good idea. I did feel bad for him later on, after he was yelled at by almost everyone one in the school, except for me (I have yet to master the Hungarian degrading of students). I also was able to miss out on the staff meeting that was held on Tuesday afternoon so I could babysit my class. I was told by my principal I could do anything I wanted...

Today I also had to teach lessons about Thanksgiving which was interesting...my class loved it. I did a very basic story about it complete with pictures. Later we made placemats and put our hand print turkey pictures on them. Here are some of the results...





Here is Zsofia, one of our new students, the other is Dézi, who both moved to our school to get away from the "problems" in Nyírbátor...It is working out alright though, they both seem fairly smart and will catch on fast.

No comments: