Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Praha...


Let me just start this by saying it was a weekend of surprise at every corner.
After being told 2 days before I was to leave that a) Mariapocs was having a 15 year anniversary of being a town on Saturday and b) that I could have taken the Friday off so that I could travel with Margie, I finally left Mariapocs bleary eyed on Saturday morning. After the long hours on the train, making it to the airport and finally arriing in Prague (Praha) I took the Metro to the city, only to discover that the street I was supposed to take was the only one that was not named. Without a working cell phone I walked around Wenceslas Square a few times I finally noticed a sign for the Post office, a place I was supposed to walk by on the way to the hostel, and that was open 24 hours a day...

After meeting up with Margie at the hostel, we made our journey back out into the streets in an attempt to make it to the lighting of the Christmas tree in the Old Town Square. After finding the street we were supposed to go down, we suddenly because part of the crowd, and it was wall to wall people. We were unfortunately on the inner divide, so we were constantly being pushed from all directions as we made our way about 15 meters in over 20 minutes. I could imagine what it must have felt like during the Velvet Revolution and found a stone that represented it perfectly...



I feel like I am going into so much detail, when in reality it is so hard to describe things that we saw over those 4 magical days. It was a lot of new things and old all mixed together...







I am trying to write as much as I can but I am very sleep deprived and need to plan a lesson for tomorrow...I will add more pics and information tomorrow!

No comments: