Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Buckle Up!




Another random observation, made very obvious by the trip to Prague, I guess my town is not set on keeping up with the style. Walking around, day and night, one thing became evident: Boots with a buckle or more are the "in" item this year.

After seeing nearly every woman on the street with these shoes, and needing a pair of boots for the winter that is coming, I went in search of my own buckled boots. I was not willing to spend a good portion of my monthly salary on this item, though they were not that expensive when I think about the prices back home, but I set a strict budget: no more than 500 Czech Koruna (5000 Hungarian Forint or roughly 30 Canadian dollars) after all I will likely only be wearing them for this winter. After judging the styles of boots that the other women had, I was very jealous at some of the chosen footwear, but I could tell one important thing. I needed at least one buckle on my boots.

After doing a lot of walking and passing by many shoe stores, discount and expensive ones, I found a few styles that I liked enough to wear almost every day from now until February. So on our last night and day we finally went into the stores so I could try on these boots. I found a boot that I really loved, but was too small, had no buckle, and was the only pair that was available in the store. We ventured on. The next store, remarkably identical to the one that was about 5 stores down to the left, had the same selection, the same boot but once again in a size that was too small. I also had the feeling that I could never buy a boot that did not have buckles, heaven forbid I would be out of style in my little village! We continued our journey into stores the next morning and I never found the original pair of boots again, but I did find another pair, one that did satisfy the buckle quota as well as the price requirement. After trying them on, and seeing what they look like I determined that they were going to be my buckle boots. I wore them all the way home and was lucky I had them, especially while waiting outside of the train station for two hours in the middle of the night!

Here they are...

Yes they are flats, I don't feel the need to perfect my ability to run in heels, especially considering the abundance of cobblestone roads...
Forgot to mention that I only spent about 18 dollars on them...

2 comments:

Brieggy said...

heck, where? I am still hunting for boots!!

Anonymous said...

that s good
www.bedavareklamlar.com