Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 15th weekend

This is the 2nd year I have been outside of Hungary for March the 15th. I was able to attend our school ceremony this year, so I did get a feel for the day. It was a nice ceremony, lots of poems, songs and acting.

I went to Krakow again, this time with a Hungarian group. I was really looking forward to being back in Krakow because I loved being there for Easter last year. This year, it really just wasn't the same. The weather was either rainy or snowy and freezing cold. Jamie wasn't with me, and I was with a bunch of people who didn;t try talking to me because they though I didn't know any Hungarian. Joke is on them because I understood most of what they were saying, especially when it was about me. The time sitting on a bus is what really got to me. We left at 6am on Saturday and spent the next 10.5 hours driving. Sunday, luckily we got a break from sitting on the bus. Monday, I dreaded the most. We had to drive back to Auschwitz, the opposite direction of our way home, drive back close to the city and then start the way home. All in all, we were probably sitting on the bus for 14 or 15 hours. It was crazy, I don't want to sit on a bus again.

This week it really started settling in that I only have 3 more months here. I can't imagine leaving and going back to life at home. I will miss everyone here, but most of all, my 2a kids. I don't know what I will do when I won't be going into school everyday and seeing them.

I know this seems like a sad post, but hopefully after this weekends langos and palacsinta party, it will be a much happier blog.

1 comment:

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.