Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween!



Today was Halloween in our class...it made me very happy, even though we were not able to talk about many of the things about Halloween, I was able to teach them the important words. Witch, Monster, Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, Candy and Trick or Treat (Boszorkány, Szörny, Vámpír, Farkasember és Szellem) Really, what other words do you need to know.

We had story time, about the Monster who could not say boo, learned about a certain group of pumpkins, played some monster games and even made some spiders. The most important event of the day, in my opinion at least, was the carving of the pumpkin. Although it was green, it was still a pumpkin that was waiting to become a Jack O' Lantern. So, here are the results...

Our collection of pumpkins and squash that the kids brought in...
Everyone seemed a little surprised that I had cat ears, but it worked out for the better, because the kids knew what I was and even called me a cat. In English!

Even though I will miss having Halloween on the 31st, I got to live a little bit of it today...

Now I must bid you adieu, as I will be going to Transylvania and Denmark in the coming two weeks...enjoy your time off if you have it!

No comments: