Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Like...

Today we started the topic on food. The activity for the kids was to put a red heart next to the picture of the food they like. They had to then tell the class "I like spaghetti/cheese/corn flakes/milk/cake." Having free time at the end of day I wanted to continue with "I like.../I don't like..." It was going well using the pictures of the princess, sheriff and clown and describing what they like, until when I was asking what they sheriff liked and the only thing my students would say was "Tara!" I kept telling them that I was not a card and could not be put on the board, but they continued on...and on... the sheriff ended only not liking things, and I guess liking me...

I started a class with a large group of fifth year students who want to learn more English. I decided that a good way to introduce themselves would be to tell me things they like and things they don't like. This was not very easy. Many of them have the vocabulary but do not want to say it out loud. In the end Many of the students ended up not liking other students and it appears I have two very distinct groups of girls, who don't like each other at all.

This is going to be an interesting year!

No comments: