Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Names

The past week I have been trying to think of the perfect names for the puppies next door. I wasn't sure if I should use English names or stick with Hungarian ones.

I decided that when I have a dog I will call him Palacsinta. I think this would be the perfect time to try it out. When I mentioned it to Ili, she said you can't name a dog that, and I said why not? I decided on the dark brown one, he was definitely a Palacsinta.

It took me forever to think of an appropriate name for the other one. When i was playing with him today, the name came to me. He is now Krumpli.

For those who don't know Hungarian the dogs are now Palacsinta (crepe) and Krumpli (potato). I think they are perfect, and unique.

1 comment:

Brieggy said...

why not name a puppy that? I heard of kids naming their kids Kifli.