Friday, September 4, 2009

The importance of English coversation

Today, because I had the day off, I was able to go into Nyiregyhaza. I met Klara at the bus stop in Nyirbator and we rode the bus together. It was pretty uneventful, but very nice that I was not alone. I am not used to the fact that there is someone so close to me that I can talk to when we go places...

We met up with Christie and Amelie, a French teacher at one of Christie's school. We just sat and talked for a while. I know it has really only been one week since school has started and the feeling of being back in Hungary has really settled in, but I admit it really felt nice to meet and talk in English. Andrew, the new English teacher later showed up and chatted with us for a while.

We walked around Kossuth ter, followed by Korzo, a beer at one of the cafes and then fries at McDonalds.

I admit it is nice being integrated into a Hungarian community, where few speak English, but just spending a few hours with people you share a common language with is so nice!

I really hope that tomorrow will be an interesting day. I have been warned that the village will be packed with everyone coming to welcome the painting back, but I really want to see for myself. I know that there will be quite a number who are going to be sleeping in the school gym and that the teachers, including me, will be around to clean up and serve food, btu that is all I have been told.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!