Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First days...

Last year at this time I had no idea what to expect from the kids. I was there. They were there. We both had a look of confusion, not knowing what to expect from the other person who didn't speak the same language. This year was different.

Ili and I went into 1a with an idea to teach them some English so they could go home and tell their parents something. It went quite well, aside from the fact that one boy, Palika did not stop crying, and another boy Balazs, did not stop eating. By the end of the lesson, the kids could say:

Good Morning
How are you?
I'm fine
Thank you
My name is ...

All in all it was a much more successful day than last year. I think that having some idea of how things went last year will really improve how we work this year.

The only thing that really made me sad today was that my jeans ripped in both knees. A shame really, they were my favourite pair.

No comments: