Thursday, September 3, 2009

Vidor

Kata, the ostalyfonok for my precious little children in 2a, invited me to Nyiregyhaza for the night to go to the Vidor fesztival. I had no idea what to expect other than it was a concert. I must say that the whole thing was amazing. The centre of the city was packed full of people doing different things, all enjoying the night. At 7 the music started and it was beautiful. It was somewhat traditional Hungarian music mixed with the blues. All I can say is that it truly was an experience.

When Lovasi Andras took to the stage the audience sang along. I must say his voice was pretty good. When he was singing with the girl, it was a perfect duet. I have to try and find music by him now.

I am really glad that I could go considering how tired I was after a full day of classes. Thursday is going to be a hard day this year, but I will have Fridays to look forward to.

Ps. Kata speak no English so I like to spend time with her so I can practice my Hungarian. We filled nearly 4 hours with conversation in Hungarian and understood what the other was saying, which I must say is pretty good. I really am happy to spend time with people who don't speak English, because even though what I say may not always be correct, they help me fix it and sometimes even learn new words!

No comments: