Monday, March 16, 2009

March 15th

I had been told about March 15th. Ili gave me a cockade earlier in the week. I was not too shocked when I walked in on Friday and there was new decorations and the kids were dressed up. The first thing we did was took pieces of crepe paper, in red, white and green and tied them to pussy willow branches. I am not sure why, but I think it was a memorial of some sort.



We later made large cockades with the kids and did some English vocabulary based on the holiday. The kids learned cockade, Hungarian Flag, National Song, Hussar and tri-colour. These were not very easy for them, but they managed very well.

I was not able to stay for the ceremony at the school because it was being held at 5pm and I was supposed to be on the train to Kosice. I am sure it was quite lovely!

No comments: