Thursday, March 12, 2009

My kids

I love spending time with my kids. I have mentioned this before. I eat lunch with them, the teachers no longer give me weird looks. I don't like going upstairs to a room on the other side of the building where I would be eating all alone. I like the noise of the lunchroom and I like chatting with my kids while we eat.

Today, Kata asked me if I was going home after I brought the kids back from lunch. I said no. This is the first time. The kids were going outside to play in the yard, and I had no plans at home, so why not go out and play some games with them. Kata had no idea why I wanted to stay. She kept asking me why.

(In Hungarian)
"I like to play games with the kids."
"Why?"
"There is nothing to do at home."
"Why?"
"I don't have anywhere to go."
"Why?"
"I like the kids."

I ran out of reasons. She finally gave up with a shrug.

Is it so weird to want to spend time with my kids when I am not teaching them?
I learn so many different things from them everyday, good and bad, and want to teach them as much as I can.

I am going to miss them so much.

No comments: